Sally Kendall-Williams is an American IFBB professional fitness competitor. She currently resides in Gilbert, Arizona. She took up fitness and competing to stay fit and keep up her confidence. She believed that competing on stage would help her set and reach goals. As a teenager, Sally was in the gymnastics and dance team. Being part of a gruelling sport such as gymnastics made it easier for her to transition into fitness and bodybuilding. Winning the first amateur competition she entered, and receiving her IFBB Pro Card, was an unexpected result which brought her into the world of fitness.
Facts about Sally-Kendall Williams
- She graduated from Arizona State University with a major in dance and a minor in Exercise Science.
- She is a certified personal trainer and a physical therapist.
- She is sponsored by a supplement manufacturer known as Body Amplify.
- She is part of the Arizona Pro Physiques team.
- She is coached by her fellow IFBB Fitness Pro, Whitney Jones.
- She is a mother to two children, aged 11 and 14.
- She believes in tracking food and calories to allow for adjustments whenever necessary.
- She has appeared in Flex Magazine.
- She enjoys hiking in the mountains of Arizona.
She won her first amateur competition, the NPC Junior Nationals. With this win, she obtained her IFBB Pro Card and could compete in professional bodybuilding shows. Although it was unexpected and she had no prior plans of being a professional fitness athlete, it was a life-changing moment for Sally.
At the 2015 IFBB Europa Phoenix, she came last. Unlike amateur competitions, the level of competition she had to face in professional events was significantly higher.
She hurt her shoulder before the Rising Phoenix Arizona Pro in 2016. Yet, she managed to finish in 3rd place. At the IFBB Wings of Strength Chicago Pro, she finished 12th.
Her biggest win to date has been the 2016 IFBB Europa held in Phoenix, Arizona. At the same event, she had finished last the previous year. This result enabled her to qualify for the 2017 Olympia which is the most prestigious bodybuilding and fitness competition in the world.
Being invited to the Arnold Classic Africa was a life-changing moment for Sally. One of the goals she had set for herself was to get called for the Arnold Classic. It was dream come true for her.
At the 2017 Arnold Classic South Africa, she finished 10th. A top 10 finish at the Olympia seems likely this year would greatly boost Sally’s confidence.
Training and Philosophy
Sally believes in a flexible approach to dieting. Being strict with one’s diet all the time can often backfire. Except during the “peaking period” which is generally about 2-3 weeks before a fitness show, where she must be very precise with her diet, Sally believes in the 80/20 rule which states that 80% of the food eaten must be “clean” or healthy.
She also believes that consistency is most important factor. Just hitting the gym every day and eating well will often give great results. One must not just focus on the end goal but must also enjoy the journey of getting fitter.
- 2018 IFBB Arnold Classic Ohio 11th
- 2017 IFBB Mr Olympia 10th
- 2017 Arnold Classic Africa Fitness 10th
- 2016 IFBB Europa Phoenix 1st