Myriam Capes is a Canadian bodybuilder. She hails from the town of La Prairie in Quebec, Canada. She was born on the 20th of August, 1984. Even as a child, Myriam actively participated in several sports. Before taking up bodybuilding, she was a gymnast. The concept of discipline and hard work was second nature to her. Since gymnastics requires a significant amount of mental fortitude and physically requires coordination, strength, flexibility, and power, Myriam was able to transition into a bodybuilding style of training quite quickly.
Facts about Myriam Capes
- She obtained an IFBB Pro Card at the age of 22 and was the youngest female bodybuilder to do so.
- Qualified for the Olympia seven times in a row.
- Myriam appeared on TV as a female bodybuilder on an episode of the show “Blue Mountain State.”
- Beginning from the age of 4, up to the age of sixteen, she trained as a gymnast.
- Qualified for the Olympia in her first year as a professional bodybuilder.
- Her favourite body part to train is shoulders.
- She is presently pursuing a degree to become a financial security advisor.
- She is 5’ tall (about 152 cm).
- Her competition weight is about 52 kg or 115 lbs.
Myriam started bodybuilding style of training at the age of 17 in 2001. The next few years, she began to compete in local amateur shows, and it was apparent that she was significantly better than her competition. In 2006, after winning the Canadian Championships CBBF thrice in a row, she received her IFBB Pro card, which allowed her to compete in professional bodybuilding shows, which have prize money. As a result, this enabled her to pursue bodybuilding as a full-time job. Her dream of turning into a professional bodybuilder had been achieved. Her next goal was to win the IFBB Fitness Olympia, the most prestigious bodybuilding show in the world.
Over the next few years, she entered various bodybuilding shows and did quite well. In 2007, she had qualified for the Olympia. The first step in achieving her ultimate goal had been accomplished. She only managed to finish 18th among the 19 competitors. Nevertheless, she was unfazed by the result and continued to put in an effort at the gym.
In 2011, she achieved her best result. She placed 3rd at the 2011 Olympia thus making a statement to the entire bodybuilding community. She had cemented her place as one of the leading figures in the bodybuilding world. Since then, she has consistently placed in the top 6 of every show she has participated. Her other accomplishments include a 2nd place finish at the 2015 Arnold Classic Europe and the 2011 & 2016 Toronto Super Pro Show.
Unfortunately, due to a shoulder dislocation while training, Myriam had to drop out of the 2016 Fitness Olympia. For the first time since 2008, she had failed to participate at the Fitness Olympia. She refused to let the injury hinder the effort she had put in over the years and maintained a positive outlook.
After undergoing physical therapy and taking it one day at a time, Myriam recovered from her devastating injury and won the 2017 IFBB Tampa Pro. With this victory, she qualified for the 2017 Olympia after missing out the previous year.
- Contest History
- 2017 Mr. Olympia Fitness/Figure : IFBB Fitness(2nd)
- 2017 IFBB Tampa Pro Fitness/Figure: IFBB Fitness(1st)
- 2016 Toronto Pro Fitness/Figure: IFBB Pro Fitness(2nd)
- 2016 Arnold Classic South Africa Fitness:IFBB Pro Fitness(4th)
- 2016 Arnold Classic Fitness/Figure:IFBB Pro Fitness(4th)
- 2015 Arnold Classic Europe Fitness: Pro Fitness(2nd)
- 2015 Mr. Olympia Weekend Fitness/Figure : IFBB Pro Fitness(3rd)
- 2015 Arnold Classic Fitness/Figure: IFBB Pro Fitness(6th)
- 2014 Arnold Classic Europe Fitness: Pro Fitness(5th)
- 2014 Mr. Olympia Weekend Fitness/Figure : IFBB Pro Fitness(5th)
- 2013 Arnold Classic Europe Fitness: IFBB Pro Fitness(5th)
- 2013 Mr. Olympia Weekend Fitness/Figure : IFBB Pro Fitness(4th)
- 2012 Mr Olympia Weekend Fitness : IFBB Pro Fitness(4th)
- 2012 IFBB Valenti Gold Cup Fitness/Figure: IFBB Pro Fitness(1st)
- 2012 Arnold Classic Fitness:IFBB Pro Fitness(6th)
- 2012 Flex Pro and Fitness Championships Fitness : IFBB Pro Fitness(3rd)
- 2011 Arnold Classic Europe Fitness: Pro Fitness(4th)
- 2011 Mr Olympia Weekend Fitness : Open(3rd)
- 2011 Arnold Classic Fitness International: Fitness(5th)
- 2010 Mr Olympia Weekend Fitness & Bikini: Fitness(4th)
- 2010 Europa Super Show Fitness & Bikini : Fitness Open (2nd)
- 2010 Europa Show of Champions – Orlando Fitness : Fitness(3rd)
- 2010 Arnold Classic Fitness: Fitness(8th)
- 2009 Olympia Fitness: Fitness(6th)
- 2009 Europa Super Show Fitness: Fitness(2nd)
- 2009 Europa Show of Champions Fitness:Fitness(2nd)
- 2009 New York Pro Fitness Classic Fitness: Fitness(5th)
- 2008 Atlantic City Pro Fitness:Fitness(4th)
- 2008 Europa Super Show Fitness: Fitness(7th)
- 2008 Houston Pro Fitness: Fitness(13rd)
- 2008 New York Pro Fitness Classic Fitness: Fitness(9th)
- 2007 IFBB Mr.Olympia Women Fitness: Womens Fitness (18th)
- 2007 Grand Prix Spain 2007 Pro Fitness: Pro Fitness(3rd)
- 2007 Europa Super Show Fitness: Pro Fitness(16th)