Daron Lytle is an American IFBB Professional Bodybuilder. He was born on the 5th of November, 1973 and hails from St. Louis, Missouri. He currently resides in Fort Irwin, California. He was an avid football player in high school and was introduced to weight training in 1986 to improve his athleticism and strength. In no time, Daron fell in love with weight training and greatly enjoyed working out and seeing his muscles grow in size. Although he served in the US Navy after college, Daron was inspired by his colleagues who were competing in a local show. It was during this time that his interest in bodybuilding and competing flourished. With support from his family and friends, Daron began to compete in bodybuilding.
Daron Lytle Workout Video
View this post on Instagram
Facts about Daron
- He is also known as “Double Barrel” and “The Natural Freak”
- He served in the Navy for six years
- He stands at a height of 5’ 9” and weighs around 210 lbs or 95 kgs during competitions
- His previous full-time job was that of an electronic technician in the U.S. Navy
- He was previously sponsored by EFX Sports, a popular supplement manufacturer owned by Flex Wheeler and is now sponsored by Magnitude Life Sciences
- His wife also serves in the army
- His role model is the great Arnold Schwarzenegger and Flex Wheeler
- He aims for the aesthetic physique which was popular during Arnold’s time, the Golden Era of bodybuilding
Daron’s first amateur competition was the 2002 NPC Conquest in Richmond, Virginia. He won first place in the light heavyweight category. This victory greatly improved his confidence and got him addicted to competing in bodybuilding competitions.
At the 2004 NPC Jr. USA, Daron won first place. Soon after, however, his wife, who was stationed in the army, got transferred to Belgium. Daron continued to compete in Belgium and won the NPC Belgium National Championships in 2008. With this victory, he received the highly sought after IFBB Pro Card and was eligible to participate in shows sanctioned by the IFBB. His dream of becoming a professional bodybuilder had been fulfilled.
He went on to compete at several professional IFBB shows over the next few years. His finest results were a 4th place finish at the 2012 IFBB Optimum Classic and the 2015 IFBB St. Louis Pro, a 6th place finish at the 2012 Europe Show of Champions, Orlando, and the 2015 IFBB Omaha Pro.
Daron was competing in the 202 and 212 Pro divisions. His lacklustre results made him reconsider the division he was participating in. With the advice of his team, Daron decided to compete in the newly opened Classic Physique division of the IFBB. He felt that his physique was better suited for the Classic Physique division, which emphasized the overall aesthetics more than just raw size of the muscle.
At the 2016 Pittsburgh Pro, Daron finished in an impressive 4th place in a very competitive field. This result had qualified him for the 2017 Mr. Olympia, the most prestigious bodybuilding competition in the world. Daron had achieved his goal of competing at the biggest bodybuilding stage in the world amongst the top contenders.
At the 2017 Mr. Olympia, Daron finished in a disappointing 16th place. The competition proved too tough for Daron. Perhaps with a better preparation and more work on his physique and posing, Daron can hope for a top 10 finish at the Olympia next year.
- 2004 NPC Jr. USA, 1st
- 2006 NPC Belgium National Championships, 1st, overall
- 2008 IFBB New York Men Pro 202,13th
- 2008 NPC Tampa Bay Bodybuilding & Figure Contest, 10th
- 2009 IFBB Iron Man Pro, 16th
- 2009 IFBB Atlantic City Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure Championships, 15th
- 2010 IFBB John Simmons 202 & Bikini, 10th
- 2010 IFBB Sacramento Pro, 13th
- 2011 IFBB Complete Nutrition Muscle Heat Pro 202, 7th
- 2012 IFBB Europa Show of Champions Orlando, 6th
- 2012 IFBB Optimum Classic, 4th
- 2013 IFBB Europa Show of Champions Orlando, 10th
- 2013 IFBB Europa Phoenix Pro, 13th
- 2014 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro, 16th
- 2014 IFBB Europa Phoenix, 16th
- 2015 IFBB St. Louis Pro, 4th
- 2015 IFBB Omaha Pro, 6th