|5 ft 8 in (1.72 m)||185 - 195 lbs (83.9 - 88.5 kg)||American|
Bodybuilding coach and inspiration to many, Brandon Hendrickson’s reputation precedes him. With an eager attitude, Brandon has developed a penchant for winning and powering forward in his career. Born in the suburbs of Chicago, Brandon’s goals were fixed. Dedicated to his career and never deviating from his path, Brandon has the potential to give IFBB top professionals a run for their money.
The journey to the top:
Brandon had a keen interest in modelling as a kid. The Chicago champion worked for a modelling company when he was in college, finding comfort in lifting weights in the gym. He enjoyed the adrenaline rush after a good workout.
A few years down the line, Brandon’s passion for fitness was still going strong. He started pursuing it as a career in 2012, taking part in in his first Men’s Physique competition in July.
Even with all the criticism and negativity that people attached to his career choices, Brandon managed to stay dedicated, which placed him on the path of numerous successes, before and after earning his Pro Card.
Some interesting facts about Brandon:
- The beast is 5’8’’ tall and weighs around 185 – 195lbs (83.9 – 88.5kg).
- He has a degree in Healthcare Management.
- He is affiliated with Underground Athletes, Clean Science, and Muscle League.
- He is a first-generation American as his parents hail from Trinidad and Tobago.
- He is the CEO of Big Waves LLC, engaging in motivating videos related to fitness and training, customized for every individual. He is a training coach who believes that every person is different and hence they require a different training regime.
Training Regime and Nutrition:
- Brandon customizes his workouts according to the competition. In order to lose fat for a contest, he will spend more time the gym and increase his workouts in a week. However, if he needs to add more mass, he cuts out on cardio and reduces his workouts.
- Brandon works out his shoulders very thoroughly because they are his favourite body parts. He does exercise such as front plate raises, inclined dumbbell press, machine shoulder press, barbell upright rows, and seated lateral raises to name a few.
- Brandon does not consume sugars, junk food or alcohol before competing season. He focuses on lean meats like tilapia, broccoli, chicken, lean fish, whole grains, cottage cheese whole grains, nuts, and seeds. He eats something like lasagne or chocolate if he still has room left.
The laurels won:
- Brandon competed in local NPC competitions such NPC Chicago Wings of Strength and NPC Grand Prix, where he came 2nd. He competed in a few more NPC competitions in 2013, coming first in NPC Nationals, earning his Pro Card.
- After the Pro Card, he entered many more competitions, earning the 1st place in the IFBB Tampa Pro and coming the top 10 in IFBB New York, IFBB Denver Pro and IFBB Mr. Olympia in 2015.
- In 2016, he was declared Arnold Classic Men’s Physique Champion and he came 3rd in Mr. Olympia in 2017.
Pearls of Wisdom from Brandon’s story:
Brandon’s ‘never-back-down’ attitude and winner mind-set have made him the bearer of many laurels. He teaches the importance of staying focused and working hard.
- 2017 IFBB Arnold Classic Ohio, 3rd
- 2017 IFBB New York Pro, 3rd
- 2017 IFBB Mr Olympia, 3rd
- 2016 Arnold Classic Men’s Physique Champion
- 2016 Men’s Physique Mr. Olympia, 4th place
- 2015 IFBB Western Cup – 8th place
- 2015 IFBB New York Pro – 7th place
- 2015 IFBB Denver Pro – 4th place
- 2015 IFBB Tampa Pro – 1st place
- 2015 IFBB Mr. Olympia – 5th place
- 2014 IFBB Denver Pro – 7th place
- 2014 IFBB Tampa Pro – 6th place
- 2013 NPC Rockford – Overall winner
- 2013 NPC Junior Nationals – 7th place
- 2013 NPC Ironman – 2nd place
- 2013 NPC Grand Prix – 2nd place
- 2013 NPC Nationals – 1st place (earned pro card)
- 2012 NPC Chicago Wings of Strength – 2nd place
- 2012 NPC Grand Prix – 2nd place