Bethany Wagner is an American professional fitness athlete. From Bridgewater, New Jersey in the USA, she has been one of the leading fitness athletes over the last decade and has won numerous accolades and honors over her professional bodybuilding career. She is the best example of a person who can effectively balance work, family, and passion to excel in all her endeavors.
Facts about Bethany Wagner
- She stands at a height of 5ft 3in and weighs about 110lbs or 50kgs during competitions.
- She is a high school biomedical teacher and is a gymnastics and track and field coach.
- She is sponsored by Gaspari Nutrition.
- She has competed in over 35 IFBB sanctioned professional shows.
- Her motto is “Stronger than Yesterday” which means one must constantly try to improve with every passing day. Progress is vital for improvement.
- She highly recommends stretching and massaging every day to stay injury free and healthy.
The first competition Bethany entered was the 2007 Gaspari Nutrition Jr. USA Bodybuilding. To her surprise, she finished in 1st place. She went on to win her next two amateur fitness competitions. These victories allowed her to receive an IFBB Pro Card and be certified an IFBB Professional. As a result, she could compete in professional fitness shows which have prize money. She had achieved her dream of becoming a professional fitness athlete.
Her first professional show was the 2008 IFBB New York Pro. She managed to finish in 6th place, which was a remarkable achievement considering it was her first professional competition. It was a reminder, however, of the kind of competition she faced from the likes of top fitness athletes across the world.
Over the next couple of years, she consistently placed in the top 5 or top 10 of every competition she entered. While these results did certainly boost her confidence and self-belief, she was still looking for her first professional win. At the 2010 IFBB Europa Super Show, she racked up her first win. It enabled her to qualify for the 2010 Mr. Olympia competition, the most prestigious bodybuilding and fitness show in the world.
To the surprise of many, she finished in 6th place at her first Fitness Olympia and showcased her ability and talent to the world.
The following year, at the 2011 New York Pro Fitness, she narrowly missed the 1st place. Refusing to be disheartened, she continued to work hard and become one of the leading fitness competitors in the world.
Over the next few years, she had several top 5 finishes at various shows across the world. At the 2013 IFBB FIBO Power Germany, she won her second professional competition. At the next Olympia, a top 3 finish continued to evade her. She eventually finished in 5th place.
2014 proved to be a great year for Bethany. She placed first at the Arnold Classic Brazil and the Tampa Pro. These two back to back victories cemented her as one of the best fitness athletes. She finished in 4th place at that years Olympia, which was her best finish yet at the competition.
In 2015 she won the Arnold Classic Brazil and the Europa Games.
In 2017, she finished 3rd at the Arnold Classic Australia and 2nd at the IFBB Tampa Pro. These results will keep her optimistic for the upcoming Olympia where she will be vying for a top 3 finish.
- 2018 Arnold Classic Australia Fitness 2nd
- 2018 Fitness International 3rd
- 2017 Olympia Fitness 5th
- 2017 Arnold Classic Australia Fitness 3rd
- 2017 Arnold Classic Fitness 4th
- 2016 Olympia Fitness 5th
- 2016 Arnold Classic Asia Fitness 4th
- 2016 Arnold Classic Africa Fitness 1st
- 2016 Arnold Classic Fitness 3rd
- 2015 Europa Phoenix Pro Fitness 1st
- 2015 Olympia Fitness 5th
- 2015 Arnold Classic South America Fitness 1st
- 2015 New York Pro Fitness 4th
- 2015 Arnold Classic Fitness 4th
- 2014 Olympia Fitness 4th
- 2014 Tampa Pro Fitness 1st
- 2014 Arnold Classic South America Fitness 1st
- 2014 Arnold Classic Fitness 4th
- 2013 Europa Phoenix Pro Fitness 2nd
- 2013 Olympia Fitness 5th
- 2013 FIBO Power Germany Fitness 1st
- 2013 Arnold Classic Fitness 3rd
- 2012 Fort Lauderdale Cup Fitness 2nd
- 2012 Olympia Fitness 6th
- 2012 St. Louis Pro Fitness 2nd
- 2012 Arnold Classic Fitness 4th
- 2012 Flex Pro Fitness 5th
- 2011 Arnold Classic Europe Fitness 2nd
- 2011 Olympia Fitness 7th
- 2011 New York Pro Fitness 2nd
- 2011 Arnold Classic Fitness 6th
- 2010 Olympia Fitness 6th
- 2010 Europa Dallas Pro Fitness 1st
- 2010 New York Pro Fitness 3rd
- 2010 Arnold Classic Fitness 11th
- 2009 Atlantic City Championships Fitness 3rd
- 2009 Europa Dallas Pro Fitness 4th
- 2009 New York Pro Fitness 8th
- 2008 Atlantic City Pro Fitness 5th
- 2008 New York Pro Fitness 6th
- 2007 NPC Jr. USA Fitness 1st