Anthony Scalza was born in the United States. Anthony is an IFBB professional bodybuilder. He started training in high school. In college life, he wasn’t very interested in sports but still had the desire to stay fit. This led him to join the gym. Shortly afterwards, he fell in love with the gym, and then gravitated towards a bodybuilding lifestyle.
Some facts about Anthony Scalza:
- He received his Pro Card at the 2017 Team U.
- He made his Po debut at the Vancouver Po show.
- He has qualified for the Olympia 2017 after just one week of his Pro Card event.
- His meal is sponsored by ‘Healthy meals direct’, a food delivery service at Ronkonkoma.
His bodybuilding career:
After a few years of training, he finally decided to give it a shot, and he participated in Men’s Physique in October 2014 where he secured the second position. Though he didn’t win, yet exposure to this level of competition had given his self-confidence a much-needed boost.
He trained, worked hard and came back with full vigour and participated in the subsequent body building competitions. He participated in the NPC Golds Classic which was held in October 2014 and then in the NPC East Coast Championship, NPC Eastern USA Championships which were held in November 2014. In all of the three shows, he achieved the first position.
In 2015, he did two national shows and one regional show. He participated in the IFBB North American Championship which was held in September 2015. From there, he went to participate in NPS Eastern USA Championship and NPC National Championship which were held in the months of October and November 2015 respectively. In both of the national championships, he was competing against the stalwarts of the industry, yet he secured 5th position in both of them.
He took a sabbatical in 2016 but is now back in 2017. This year, he has participated in the NPC Universe Championships which was held in June 2017 and IFBB Vancouver Pro which was held in the month of July. Anthony’s year-long sabbatical had done wonders for him. He performed brilliantly and won both of the championships. In just a span of one week, he became an NPC Champion turned Olympian.
Now, he has started preparations for Olympia. His training period is filled with rigorous exercises and strict diet, which he has named “8-week hell prep”. With such a stupendous previous record, expectations from Anthony are very high.
- 2017 Universe Championships, NPC, Men’s Physique Class D, 1st place – Pro Card Earned
- 2017 Vancouver Pro, IFBB Men’s Physique, 1st place
- 2017 IFBB Mr. Olympia, Men’s Physique, 16th
- 2015 North American Championships, IFBB Men’s Physique Class D, 5th place
- 2015 Eastern USA Championships, NPC, Men’s Physique Class C, 2nd place
- 2015 National Championships, NPC, Men’s Physique Class D, 5th place
- 2014 Golds Classic, NPC, Men’s Physique Class B, 1st place
- 2014 Eastern USA Championships, NPC, Men’s Physique
- 2014 East Coast Championships, NPC, Men’s Physique Class C, 1st place