Andre Ferguson is a fierce bodybuilder who looks forward and powers on boldly. Known for his outspoken personality and choice of powerful words, Andre is a great blend of inspiration and attitude. An Instagram sensation, he is known for not mincing his words and acting as a beacon of light for those looking for inspiration in the fitness world. He is considered a tough competitor because even though he is only a two-year pro, his structured physique may threaten two-time champion, Jeremy Buendia, in the Men’s Physique division.
Interesting facts about Andre:
- He has a wide follower base on social media, with 185k followers. He expresses his opinion fearlessly, which is why he recently lashed out on his haters on Instagram by writing a strong message. He addressed the hostility he received for winning a competition and inspired his fans by his novel ideology.
- He is a graduate of St John’s University.
- He endorses companies like Darcsport, team MuscleSport, Protan, TheProteinPizza, and ThePreppedLife.
The Workout routine:
- Andre has spent years preparing to become an IFBB professional bodybuilder. He has used a wide range of techniques to attain the physique he has today.
- The techniques comprise of strenuous compound exercises, such as bench press, squats, dead lift and push press.
- He focuses on isolation exercises such as bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises for his shoulders and leg curls to improve and polish his sinewy muscles.
- Andre is renowned for his mid-section, which he sharpens by weight sit up, leg raises and static holds to strengthen his core.
The Champion’s Diet:
- Andre believes in consuming the right amount of carbs-just like any other bodybuilder. But what sets him apart is the strict timings for each and every meal, a meticulous schedule crafted for his physique.
- He eats every 3 hours and he eats healthy foods like chicken, fish, rice potatoes, olive oil, and almonds. He also allows himself a cheat day to surprise his metabolism.
- Andre managed to wow his audience by entering the competitive circuit in 2013 and taking home the 1st place in the NPC Eastern USA competition.
- From then onwards, it has been a steady upward rise. Then, he celebrated victory over the Baltimore Pro in the physique category and continued to take over the IFBB Wings of Strength PBW Tampa Pro in 2015.
- His ranks dropped down in 2015, rankings dipping to the 16th position in IFBB New York Pro, which he salvaged by coming 1st in the IFBB Europa Atlantic City competition and 2ndin Tampa. It again dipped to 12th position in 2015 IFBB Olympia Weekend, making 2015 one of his most inconsistent years.
- He ranked 2nd in the Olympia competition under the Men’s Physique division in 2017.
Pearls of wisdom from Andre’s story:
Andre’s fighting spirit is displayed in his professional bodybuilding and as a fitness model. Being at the top is not easy because everyone tries to push you down. It rests upon you to sit back up and fight for your beliefs rather than pitying yourself or hoping for a silver lining. Andre is a role model to thousands of supporters with his inspirational outlook of life.
- 2018 Arnold Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2018 Colombia Pro Men’s Physique, 1st
- 2017 IFBB Arnold Classic Ohio, 2nd
- 2017 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro, 2nd
- 2017 IFBB New York Pro, 1st
- 2017 IFBB Mr Olympia, 2nd
- 2016 IFBB Arnold Classic Ohio, 5th
- 2016 IFBB New York Pro, 2nd
- 2016 IFBB Mr Olympia, 5th
- 12th – 2015 IFBB Olympia Weekend
- 1st – 2015 IFBB Europa Atlantic City
- 3rd – 2015 IFBB Coastal USA Pro
- 2nd – 2015 IFBB Wings of Strength PBW Tampa Pro
- 16th – 2015 IFBB New York Pro
- 5th – 2015 IFBB Eastern Seaboard
- 3rd – 2015 IFBB Battle on the Beach Pro
- NP – 2014 NPC NPC National Championships
- 1st – 2014 NPC NPC National Championships
- 9th – 2014 NPC Metropolitan Championships
- 1st – 2013 NPC Eastern USA